- Global growth continues to soften but expected to plateau at the end of 2019
- Not expecting global recession on the immediate horizon
- Australian economy vulnerable to a further downturn
- Income from diversified portfolios expected to be lower
- Remain nimble (cash) and very diversified
Cracks are Starting to Appear
There are cracks starting to appear in credit and bond markets as the great recovery starts to mature. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), the US economic expansion, albeit muted, has now been running for 124 months (>10 years) and has outlasted the previous 1990’s record of 120 months. Europe is also approaching….read more.